Ship to Shore Co. is a locally owned and operated store. For over 20 years, they have served the lake area as a unique maritime store.
Focusing on recreational retail and marine safety commercial sales, they will be providing seafarers with light weight kayaks as well as inflatables to use on Saturday, May 7th.
TIPS and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that Ship To Shore Co. provides, you can also view them on their website at https://shiptoshoreco.com/tips-and-guides/
You should carry a dry bag containing the following emergency gear:
- Duct Tape
- Deck Light
- First Aid Kit
- Sun Tan Lotion
- Bottle of Water
- Insect Repellent
- Emergency Blanket
- Waterproof Matches
Tips on kayaking:
- NEVER KAYAK ALONE
- Inform others of your plans
- Know where to go in case of emergencies
- Carry an adequate supply of food and water
- Never go boating while under the influence
- Always wear a properly fitted PFD (lifejacket)
- Learn the rescue skills necessary to assist others
- Learn how to self rescue in the event of a capsize
- Avoid weather or water conditions beyond your skill
- Never overload the boat with more weight or persons than it is designed to safely accommodate
- Never float or paddle over a low-head (submerged) dam, fallen tree, or other in-stream obstruction
Interested in More?
If you are interested in a specific model, make sure to contact Ship to Shore to see if they can get it in the water safely for this event.
You can visit their website at https://shiptoshoreco.com/contact-us/, alternatively you can call them at (337) 474-0730 or visit them at 4313 Lake Street, Lake Charles, LA 70605