The Ardoin name is truly Creole/Zydeco royalty.
The legacy started with legendary Creole musician Amedee’ Ardoin, the first Louisiana Cajun or Creole accordionist to record; followed by Bois Sec Ardoin, one of the best-known practitioners of the state's rural Creole sound for six decades, to Sean's father, Lawrence "Black" Ardoin and the Ardoin Brothers, then to Sean.
He co-lead the critically-acclaimed Zydeco outfit Double Clutchin' for 10 years, then started Sean Ardoin + Zydekool's in 1999. He has performed at Carnegie Hall, festivals worldwide and stateside, performed live on BET’s Comic View, been featured in commercials, had his music in movies and on MTV's Road Rules, Real World, Fraternity Life, Sorority Life and recently performed live on a Bravo TV reality show not yet released.
Sean represents both the rural roots and progressive future of Louisiana's Creole-Zydeco sound like no other artist. He's truly one of Zydeco's "triple threats." He's a rare combination of tradition, talent and creativity. Sean started a new genre called, Creole Rock and Soul, in order to be able to express his artistry without the confines of the traditional Zydeco idiom. He also works hard to keep the tradition alive with his super group Creole United and founded the Creole Hall of Fame in order to recognize the Creole contribution to the world. Sean sees a bright future and is ready to bring the Zydekool experience to world!
Some of Sean's accomplishments while he's been enjoying this momentous ride:
• Carnegie Hall performance for 100th anniversary
• Kennedy Center and Library of Congress performances
• National Mall 4th of July Show
• performance on the TV show Queen Sugar on Oprah's OWN network
• Governing board of the Memphis Chapter of the Recording Academy
• Play festivals, concert halls, and corporate events in the US, Mexico, Australia, England, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, Netherlands and Japan
• Live performance on BET's Comic View New Orleans Series
• music featured on MTV, VH1, BET in movies and in commercials
• Perform on the upcoming season of BRAVO TV's Southern Charm New Orleans
• 15 internationally released cd's
• Write, Produce, and appear as a feature on other artist's projects
• Amazon.com Top 100 cd's of 2001, Ebony Magazine New and Noteworthy cd, Best of the Beat award winner, Creole INC award winner, ZBT award nominee, Black Heritage award winner